Hello lovers
Happy new week to everyone. Let's random shall we?
So why did I go to the salon the other day and the guy fixing my weave mistakenly dropped the curling iron and it landed ON MY FACE!!!
Yoooooo, over here we don't play like that dude, nope...we don't play with the face.
Mahn, I was mad. See, here's the thing about me and my face. It might sound vain but whatever, I am quite vain anyway. My face is like my baby. I pamper it, I make love to it, I spoil it, I make it feel wanted, and sometimes I have conversations with it like "sugar how you get so fly?" lol
And thanks be to Baba God, it is pimple-free, scar-free, blemish-free and crawcraw-free. This is my walking ID card. And then one man in the name of hair styling wants to come and destroy my face for what? maka gini nu?
Luckily there was no damage but that kind rough play na im dey cause quarrel biko.
Ok, on to less vain things.
As you guys know, I have moved back to Nigeria. Been here for about 2 weeks. So when I was moving back, a lot of people told me I would feel a sudden wave of depression right before I leave the U.S for Nigeria. I didn't.
I felt that sudden depression as soon as I moved back. It lasted like 4 days, it left the same way it came - suddenly.
I'm not entirely sure why I felt that way but I have a couple of guesses:
1. You know how when people lean on you when they are going through a down time, you might begin to feel what they feel? Two very important people in my life are going through some intense bullshit right now and even though I'm not personally going through it, I tend to carry/ get affected by the burdens of those who are extremely close to me. It's annoying. I think that contributed to the "depression"
2. I am jobless at the moment. I have registered for NYSC and i'm currently waiting for it to start in November. I don't have a job at the moment. I am currently working on some projects though so I am not totally jobless, but I still have more free time than I would like. Me and too much free time don't do well together. So that kinda made me a sad panda :(
3. I think maybe just generally moving took its toll on me. I have to sort of start a new life, unlearn and learn some things and just generally get settled in. I like to think I am a pretty adaptive person, but moving generally can be challenging.
Anyhoo, that episode was brief and i'm back to my normal good ol' jolly self. Back to working on projects, planing a career path and figuring out my life.
Honestly, if there is one thing I wish for right now, it's a GPS navigation system.
I moved to Abuja, I don't know my way around Abuja too well and I am already not so good with directions. On Saturday, I was leaving a friend of a friend's studio in Wuse and I was craving some serious suya so I started heading towards Yahuza suya in that same Wuse (which I have been to a couple of times, so I was quite confident that I wouldn't get lost)......serious F9! ....let's just say that by the time I took a couple of turns here and there, I was on the express and then on a bridge heading towards Gwarinpa. Say what??
Eventually I found it sha..after like 30 minutes. *sigh*
In the U.S , I HEAVILY depended on my GPS even when I didn't need it, so now it's a bit hard for me to navigate on my own.
I have a driver (my mum and brother insisted I get one for the first few weeks because they are scared that one day I'll get lost and just drive away to Kaduna or something) who works weekdays 8-5pm.... But after 5pm i'm on my own and I have to find my way myself. And on weekends I have to drive myself and find my way.
Google maps is not of much help because I kinda suck at reading maps. I just use landmarks to find my way. Like I know the building I have to see before I exit the expressway on the way to church, I know the bus stop before so and so, and the bridge before so and so...but other than those landmarks. I am clueless. *sigh*
Hopefully I should be perfectly good in about a month (or by the beginning of November..lol)
I just want to be able to go somewhere without taking a few wrong turns and getting lost and having to call someone to give me directions and then take 30-45 minutes to find my way and waste fuel in the process. I have bought fuel 2 times since in 5 days.
I don tire biko. Nobody sells GPS here ni?
I swear I have used GPS navigation in Nigeria before...my brother was driving and he used it to find his way once, it wasn't too accurate but it helped seriously. It was in Lagos though. They don't have it in Abuja or what?
*sigh*
Anyway like my sister NakedSha would say "The Lord is my malta guinness" ....I shall not get lost and end up in Kaduna one day in Jesus name! Amen.
I'm such a drama queen.
Pray for me y'all.
6 comments:
lool @ the the lord is your malta Guinness...
dnt worry... with time u'll start to know ur way around...
or maybe after you find your way to kaduna once or twice..
you have to learn your way so that when i come to abuja in december you can take me out. darrisall
Just give it a little time, you will get a hang of the roads & stuff, btw glad you doing well back home.
Thank you guys! :)
I am already finding my way small small, so we thank God.
Leggy.... no worries, I got you..lol
try d maps on ya ipad.it works.abj has one of d best road networks,its easy 2 get lost and very easy 2 find ur way...just use d maps like i said earlier.i'd urge 2 find a place dat wd tk as a corper b4 service starts,dat way,it wd easier 4 u 2 b postd 4m camp.just go wt a request letter 4m d firm...e no concern me bt try and b polite 2 d nysc officials,foreign students hv carved a niche 4 themselves as being 'unruly'. Abuja is a stressless place 2 live and work in,wishn u all d best.
Kimqhc.... Thanks for the tips :)
Post a Comment