Wednesday, September 29, 2010

to WIG it or not...that is the question (ok..not really)

yay to hair growth!! remember this post ? my hair has really grown since then :)

it's so amazing how my hair has grown and how much more healthy it is.. one of the reasons I cut my hair last September, October and November was because my hair was damaged..as in ..damaged pata pata... i had experimented with too many things i shouldn't have experimented with.. I used to relax it too often..like every six weeks.. color it like every damn month... after a while the hair gave up I guess..so I cut it
when  I cut it, I didn't know if i wanted to stay natural or let it grow then relax it or texture it again...
so far, i'm still natural.. and I think I will be for a while.. enjoying it while it lasts...

I LOVE MY KINKS AND COILS
and I love the vibrant color I get when i dye it (not every month anymore..lol.. more like twice or thrice a year)

one thing I have a problem with... ok I won't really call it a problem per se...

well...I noticed that when I have an important function to attend or out-of-town party or something where i want to look FAH (fly as hell) for, I cornrow my hair and wear a wig...

don't get me wrong..I love my nappy hurrrr..but it's sort of an unconscious thing for me, I didn't even notice i did it often till this past weekend, I was packing for an out-of-town wedding and I unconsciously threw in a wig in my suitcase..

I am satisfied with the way my hair looks but sometimes people look at you like " why couldn't you do something nice to your hair" when it comes to functions like that.. and maybe because i'm used to rocking wigs (very convenient) ..i need to get "un-used" to it

I rock my fro to some events...but i use the wigs for the really important ones, I guess my hair hasn't gotten to that stage yet..the stage where u don't feel the need to glam up with wigs.. but it will come

it's a process..there was a time where i never used to rock my fro.at all!.. all i did was wear wigs and occasionally weaves..but gradually, i'm learning to style it up and be a sexy afrotastic goddess... lol

working out so far :)

This weekend I will be going out of town for a naija independence party and I bought yet another wig because i want to look FAH..but this will probably be the last time i'll do that..

I realize i can look FAH with my fro... heck! I AM  FAH with my fro...
the wigs will no longer be an escape for me... it will be just because i want change and not because i want "better"

I would do that this weekend, but honey I already spent money on that wig on Monday...so I WILL wear it..

but i bet you the next event I go for.. i will style my damn fro.. and i'll be too damn FAH..wig or no wig... :)

here's a pic from an event where I had a wig, and then a pic of me at an event with my fro... shey i still look FAH both ways? no? lol say yes... :D



I have no friggin idea why all my fat goes to my face... ogini bu ifa?? what is this?? my pics make me want to squeeze my own cheeks : (
*sigh* my friend says it's good because i'll age better... whatever biko..

yours truly,
Iphyigbogurl

14 comments:

NakedSha said...

Good thing, you'd look burriful like your mum when you're older.

Second, I love your fro growth. Burriful.

It's okay to have wigs, they look good on you still.

Third, we should go somewhere for spring break and go to a spa and relax and sip on classy fruit punches. RANDOM*

Permit me, it's my sister's page!

El-Divine said...

loool u look more fly in ur natural hair...or maybe its just me!

Anonymous said...

You look better in your natural hair.

Fragilelooks said...

loved it bera with the natural hair dear.

Vanity said...

You look good both ways but I liked you better with your wig, maybe it's the makeup. pleaaasee tell me you're going to Cali too

Myne said...

I also prefer the wig pic but maybe it's the makeup. But you look good both ways. Like you say, none is better.

ee said...

U look better with the natural hair....Am nappy(i can relate).

U got to rock and pride ursef in your nappy state:)

**side gist** send me the info of the contacts u had on...love it..color n all(might rock a contact for my wedding)

F said...

I think the picture with your natural hair looks nicer... Now your hair is growing out, you should rock it way more often even at these so-called super important events. Healthy, gorgeous hair should not be covered up now... :P

femme lounge said...

i do the wig thingy too every now and then, sometimes its just easier!

Unknown said...

You look sweet either way dear so do whatever you want.

LucidLilith said...

Dear lord...pls lose the wig. You look soooooo cuuuuuttteee in your 'fo!!!!

LG said...

nne wetin do ya eyes, LOL i get it
luv ur natural hair tho

*how u doing?

Stella Kodi said...

lol...you're hilarious about the fat going to the face thing...I have that complain abt me too...But seriously...you look great either way...I see the hair thing as a versatility with black hair...it's creativity and why not when you can look FAB anyway u swing it....

Onye's Hair Utopia said...

Love ur natural hair as well, but wigs really help when you're trying to grow your hair out. I love my wigs!


www.igbobaby.blogspot.com