Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Sing...

I miss singing

i used to sing.. a lot...
I love singing

some of my happiest moments are when i sing

so I want to join a band...

I want to be like a back up singer for a band...

i don't even want to get paid..just do it for fun...probably won't use my real name...

problem: I don't know where to look. or how. or what exactly i am looking for

Austin has a thriving music scene..which is a good thing..but... still where to look... how to look..what to look

some people say how about church choir/band

I was in a church/school choir for 6 years..even choir mistress for a year..it was fun..it was nice.. but it is limiting

1. I like Gospel music (as a Christian ) but i'm not interested in limiting myself to ONLY gospel music.

2. I do not go to my church every Sunday...sometimes i go to other churches, sometimes i just don't go...

3. my church worship team/band does not "call" me.. (define it however you think)

so..yea....

who knows what I can do/ how I can do it?

I just want to sing again....and this time with people, not solo


yours truly
xx

8 comments:

Myne said...

Check out CraigList, that almost always has everything. All the best. and audition for American Idol or AGT, lol...

Chiamaka said...

seriously, well when you finally find where to sing, i hope to hear you 'unreal' name around...lol. goodluck with it sha

Unknown said...

Wishing the best in your dream of being a singer...
Have a funfiled week too dear..

Yankeenaijababe said...

me too, I love music and singing but I suck at singing.lol

Anonymous said...

Look on campus...

tobenna said...

ok. So you are not a spiroro :D
All sorta singing stuff going on in Naija at the moment: Naija Sings, Nigerian Idol and Project Fame. I'm sure I missed out on a few. Prize money is good too..
Pity you are not here to give them a run for their money :P

iphyigbogurl said...

@Myne... Yea I'll keep checking craigslist. hope I find something :)
American Idol actually came to my city...but I don't have the nerves..lol..plus I just want to be a backup singer

@HYAW..i hope so too.. thanks!

@2cute4u thanks dear! :)

@YNB... lol..sing like no one's listening!

@Anonymous...will do

@Tobenna..haha..no i'm not a spiroro.
I wish!.. doing things like this in naija is easier..but if I eventually decide to, I would probably apply to be a backup singer for one of those singing shows..I like project fame.

Mena UkodoisReady said...

First you have the drive, desire and passion

Next is to develop a steady pattern, a plan, nothing too complex so you are guaranteed to take the first steps.

Then be disciplined enough to follow it all the way.

I felt that way about writing,I will start but abandon half way and start again and abandon halfway now I have let life ake over and have sat on my dreams for so long, I have manuscripts in Lagos from as far back as 20 years ago when i was a child, all just gathering dust..dust of unfulfilled desires.

PLease cease the moment and go for it.

I wish you all the best!!