Thursday, December 24, 2009

TAMPON TROUBLES??? INDEED....

ok.......

i don't like periods......

i really don't///

as mine are painful.....annoying..tiring...and mess with my emotions.... :(

and i hate wearing sanitary pads!!! gosh i freaking hate them!!!..they feel uncomfortable between my legs dammittttt!!!!!!!

i wish i could just get on birth control pills so my period could flow like once in 6 months or something!!!! but I am not having sex so whats the point of going through the routing of swallowing a pill evrymorning or inserting NUVARING into my vajayjay for birthcontrol ..just so my period wont come.... :(,..... not really worth it ..is it? *confused*

I was going to go swimming today!!!! but mother nature decided to show up at my door last night...:(

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUMMY SAID I SHOULD USE A TAMPON..... she bought me a box and told me to use it so that i can swim plus "i need to learn how to use a tampon as a young girl.... it might not be so essential but its just good..just in case" in her own words......

ok..... first of all...... i dont know how to use a freaking tampon.......

its annoying because i actually was shaking and seriously contemplating before i agreed to mummy that i would try it.....

i stepped out of the shower...wiped my body .... took a deep breath...read the instructions ...took a good position for tampon insertion (which was weird by the way)..and tried...... wait for it...........








FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


the darn thing didn't enter!!!!
it hurt wen i tried to push it in.... i just gave up mehn......
1 inch of the tampon sef didn't enter

abeg tampon wearers...help me out...... iphy wants to get her life back and not wear a sanitary pad for christmas!!! and i want to swim!!!!!

:(

tampon wearers ...help a sista out...any tips?

QUESTIONS:
1. can you be a virgin and wear a tampon? i'm thinking maybe it might be my hymen or something thats stopping it from entering...i dont really kno....

2.if u wear it...does it disvirgin u?

3. are you supposed to feel it in you?

4. does it cause any type of irritation/inflammation or any of that unwanted stuff?

HELP!!!

P.S... i know this post is a bit of TMI (too much info)....but frankly i dnt care...i just need a solution..

plus its my blog...... so ...yea...go figure.....

thanks in advance!!

38 comments:

Bubbles said...

lol
aww sweetie!
I don't wear tampons either
they look uncomfortable

if you stick anything up your vag
and you aren't horny or wet...it's going to hurt. that's a fact

Tampons don't disvirgin you.
your hymen might be broken and you don't know.
it can be break from horse riding, doing the splits... blah blah blah..
so i mean technically, if your hymen is broke you are not a virgin, but if you haven't had sex you are a virgin.

it's complicated and stupid
so don't let it bother you jere.

i'll stick to pads tho

Azazel said...

Lol sorry hun..
This was just funny to me..
Someone help the young lady out.

Princess Jumai said...

Hey Hun, I went through this same freakout a while ago. I was kinda embarassed because girls way younger than me knew how to use a tampon but I didnt so I bought myself a pack and basically tried every month till it worked. Like Bubbles said, no it doesnt disvirgin you and you shouldn't really feel it. If you do, it means its not in properly. ALso depending on your level of sensitivity, you shouldn't get any irritations but just make sure you change regularly to avoid toxic shock syndrome. www.beinggirl.com also has a lot of info that can help you. like everything else you just have to keep trying till you ge it. Make sure you are relaxed, I know it would scare you sticking something up your vigina but trust me its not as scary as it seems and once you get the hang of it you will definately find that its much more convinient than pads.. Hope this has helped a bit sha

Sugabelly said...

Okay, I have to answer this because I HATED all the people in school that gave me strange looks for using tampons.

1. Virginity is a STATE not a physical manifestation.

What this means is that Your Hymen does NOT equal your virginity. Lots of virgins don't have hymens. Some were not born with them, others lost them during games, sports, exercise, etc.

Also, it is possible to have sex and your hymen won't break so you can still have a hymen after you've had sex two or three times.

Tampons are TOO SMALL to break your hymen and even if they could, tampons do not intefere with virginity.

The short answer is, YES you can use tampons if you're a virgin.

2. In order to insert a tampon correctly, you must insert it at a 45 degree angle. I.e. you should raise one leg onto your bed or a chair and the tampon should approach your vagina in such a direction that it is in the centre of the right angle that is formed by your two legs.

3. If inserted correctly, you should not be able to feel the tampon AT ALL.

4. Most tampons don't cause irritation so unless you are allergic to something in either the tampon or its applicator then no, tampons don't cause irritation.

The irritation most likely came because you tried to force it in.

I hope that helps. And like Jumai said, you shouldn't leave tampons in too long to avoid TSS. Also, using the lowest absorbency tampon appropriate for your period will help lessen the likelihood of TSS.

Good, any other questions?

I'm sorry but I just didn't want you to become ANOTHER of "those Nigerians" that believes that tampons disvirgin people and that girls that use tampons are "bad".

There were enough of those in Loyola and they made me want to commit mass murder.

TayneMent said...

Sugarbelly pretty much answered it.

David.фаворит Бога номер-один said...

i'm sorry...
but i'm sure you already have help
and if not, our blogsville residents
will come to your aid!

Merry Christmas!

leggy said...

ive never used a tampoon before cs they seriously just look weird but i guess you should go with sugarbelly.

Spesh said...

Sugarbelly is so spot-on!

Neo said...

guess u have ur answer already.

i have never ventured down the tampon road, plus i hate the pads they have here and jus "imported" some from Nigeria!

lucky u, to be contemplating swimming wherever u are!

oh Merry Christmas!

histreasure said...

Sugabelly covered pretty much everything u need to know..i hate pads and so i'm a tampon fan..yep,it frees me(and i can go without panties,which i love)..dont eye me.. another thing is,you cant use it in anticipation of the onset of your period,only after it's started.. and like she said,use the lowest absorbency for your period. mostly i get the multi-pack that has the full range from the least to the highest but if i can't find it,i get two different ranges- that way i use the lighter arbsobency at the beginning and the heavier one during the peak and then revert to the other when it's tapering off.. be sure not to use one for more than 8hours..

CerebrallyBusy said...

mehhnnn i cant use tampons, those darned things look too uncomfortable

@sugabelly there's no way you can have sex without breaking your hymen...as in where will the penis pass??
there's just no way...

oh...except anal sex of course

Sugabelly said...

@Cerebrally Busy: That is untrue. It is possible to have sex without breaking your hymen. The hymen is a thin membrane of skin that PARTIALLY covers the vagina. It is simply a matter of the elasticity of the hymen. Women with very elastic hymens will simply let a penis slide past rather than resisting and breaking. It would take two or three tries or particularly rough sex to get their hymen to actually break.

Of course, such women are few and far between.

But hey, don't take my word for it. If you don't believe me go find out for yourself.

Ms. 'dufa said...

Sugabelly pretty much said it all. The fear of Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) will not allow me try that thing sha.

I feel ur pain

Sugabelly said...

@Ms. Dufa: But TSS is very rare. Also, if you're about to get it trust me, you WILL KNOW. Also, you should be changing tampons regularly although I will admit that most girls have forgotten a tampon inside themselves at least once.

48 said...

Aww my only advice would be to try the easier ones with plastic applicators(playtex's slimfit or gentleglides work) and then the ob brand has some with the silk touch that makes them easy to insert. Also you have to remember to relax your muscles. Goodluck with the next trial, it really isn't that difficult:)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html

This is just for others who read your blog, or google "how to insert a tampon for the first time". Instructions also come in most packs.

Myne said...

I think you already got enough answers. Hope you enjoyed your swimming? Merry Christmas and New Year in advance.

uNWrItten* said...

loll..awww pele..dont wear tampons so cant help u there..even as a non virgin i hear it hurts the first time..hope you had a good christmas?

Anonymous said...

Ladies ladies ladies! Where have you been getting these untrue tampon stories from? Take it from the people who use it, IT DOES NOT HURT, AND IT CERTAINLY DOESNT "DE-VIRGINZE" YOU. Sheesh.

Tampons are cool, but Menstrual cups are da biznizz.

Anonymous said...

I started using tampons when I was 16 and when my mom found out she told me to stop using it and said it's only for nonvirgins. I didn't stop jare it's so much easier. For me it was about no more worrying about stains and no thing lodged in between my legs like diapers lol. I think Sugabelly covered it well. One tip though is that your first time I suggest waiting till your blood flow starts to get heavy before u try it that way it just slips right in and you shouldn't feel it once it's in.

Ms.O said...

Once you try tampoons you can never use pads again! So much better! ust keep trying! thats what I did!

iphyigbogurl said...

OMG!!! thanks a lot guys!!!
y'all have really given me some good advice!!! lol
sugabelly....mehn from today you are my female stuff counselor....lol

thanks again y'all...
u pple are DARLINGS!!!!
will try the tampons on my next period since this one is over already..... and i'll give feedback!!...lol

muah!!
xx

Sonia O. said...

Fizzy i think you should drop the tampon idea!! just stick with em sanitary pads....cuz if you don't use it right, it WILL disvirgin you!! and most people can't really give you good advice on its you because most pple using tampons are not virgins, most pple in general are not virgins sef....so sweetie, no need to risk it o, fasshy tampons

Fragilelooks said...

I hate periods too and always happy wen mine xtends a day or two cuz it gves me time to attune my mind for wot is abt to hold me dwn.sighs...I fink u sld choose the one that best suits u. @sugarbelly.. Nice one.

Yinkuslolo said...

maybe i will try those tampons thing too. i dis;like when pads lead to wearing full panties.

anyway, u going to see fela too?
when in jan, do u stay close to broadway?

iphyigbogurl said...

@ Sonia...thanks for the advice...i'll think about both options

@fragile...yea..i will..thanks for stopping by

@yinkus..... yea i'm goin to see FELA too...been dying to see it...heard great reviews....
i think i'm goin on the 9th ....which is a saturday or so.....
i hope tickets arent sold out sha....
i stay in TX..but i'll be with my fam in Newark, NJ...so it'll be like i hr max to get there if i'm not mistaken....

u??

Mineexclusively said...

"izzy i think you should drop the tampon idea!! just stick with em sanitary pads....cuz if you don't use it right, it WILL disvirgin you!! and most people can't really give you good advice on its you because most pple using tampons are not virgins, most pple in general are not virgins sef....so sweetie, no need to risk it o, fasshy tampons" Sonia

What the fuck is this rubbish? Tampons disvirginig? Mehn all these holier than thou crap.

Tampons DO NOT BREAK HYMEN. I really dislike stupid comments.

Nice Anon said...

The amt of knowledge Sugabelly has as regards to things of this nature always amazes me! In a good way that is

Mr.Funnyhoneymoney said...

okay i have no idea what a tampoon is............
alright just googled it i think youve already gotten all the advice and dis-advice you'll need to make up your mind but i thank God im not a female;menstruation,pain when lose virginity,pregnancy,childbirth,motherhood mehn being a girl is sooo stressful y'all are trying
God bless all dem ladies lol

Mr.Funnyhoneymoney said...

okay i have no idea what a tampoon is............
alright just googled it i think youve already gotten all the advice and dis-advice you'll need to make up your mind but i thank God im not a female;menstruation,pain when lose virginity,pregnancy,childbirth,motherhood mehn being a girl is sooo stressful y'all are trying
God bless all dem ladies lol

Sugabelly said...

People need to stop this nonsense about tampons and virginity.

Repeat after me:

TAMPONS ARE TOO SMALL TO DISVIRGIN YOU.

TAMPONS ARE TOO SMALL TO DISVIRGIN ANYBODY.

TAMPONS NEVER HURT .. NOT EVEN THE FIRST TIME

TAMPONS CANNOT BREAK YOUR HYMEN.

No matter who tells you otherwise, tell them to shove it.

Sugabelly said...

@Sonia: By the way, I started using tampons when I was 11. ELEVEN!! I was a virgin then and they didn't harm me. Please stop spreading false information.

Blogoratti said...

Happy new year to you....
Prosperity all the way. Cheers!

LucidLilith said...

IMO- you can't have toxic shock syndrome if you change your tampons every four to six hours. Don't wear them at night, wear pads so you don't have to get up to change your tampon in the middle of the night.

SoulGlo said...

Tampax makes a slender tampon for virgins/people with narrow set vaginas. The applicator's smooth and plastic and PROMISE you dont feel them there. I'll bring you one. <3

F said...

LMAO... Tampons taking virginity? If only all those babes in the olden days who were found to be deflowered on their wedding nights could have blamed it on the tampon, Jamie style... LOL

I totally get this post, though... Tampons freak me out (not because I am afraid of the little things "taking advantage of me") so I choose the discomfort of pads over the fear of sticking something inside myself every month. Maybe with this info, I'll try it...

Anonymous said...

Greetings i am fresh on here. I came upon this board I find It quite helpful and its helped me out tons. I hope to contribute & assist other people like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, Catch You About.

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya i am new here. I stumbled upon this forum I have found It truly useful and it has helped me out so much. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Around