It was fun doing this...love this idea Sugabelly!
I hope other bloggers participate in this! It'll fun to listen to others speak our beautiful and sexy (lol) naija languages..
Igbo audio post:
Audio Recording on Sunday morning 2 by user4533428
Translation:
People of blogville, what's up? how are you guys doing? let me use this opportunity to apologize for my absence, what happened is , I have serious writers block, but no problem, henceforth, I'll try to blog every time I get he chance. I greet you all well, my followers on blogville, my titter followers, thanks guys! I am giving y'all plenty kisses and hugs! muah muah! Do you know that right now I am sooo happy! there is so much joy in my heart! I know you are asking yourselves "why is iphyigbogurl so happy" Ok let me tell y'all....I ma going to naija on the 13th of July... I will be seeing my parents, my relatives , my friends and my sisters. My sisters are Naked Sha and Adetoyeke. I know those of you on blogville might know Naked sha.. her blog link is www.burntbottompot.blogspot.com. Actually, Naked Sha and Adetoyeke are not my biological sisters, they are my friends...but as we know...there are friends and there are FRIENDS. Naked Sha and Adetoyeke have passed ordinary friend level and entered sibling level :) I love those babes die! ANyways, the truth is, I don't have anything else to say, I ma very sleepy and going to church in the morning. So, let me go to bed. I wan;t y'all to be happy this independence weekend . If you guys are going to do or see fireworks, please be careful because sometimes fireworks can injure you if you aren't careful. Please, if you guys are partying and drinking please be careful, don't drink and drive, get a designated driver. This life is sweet oh...drink responsibly! See as i'm just here giving you guys advice as if i'm some sort of counselor... make una no vex please. I don;t have any weekend plans..I will just go see fireworks on Monday and I'll also go to the mall tomorrow to spoil myself a little..I am a serious shopaholic! Sleep dey catch me..let me go now. Goodnight guys! we'll talk later! Kisses! Yours Truly, Iphyigbogurl!
Here are the rules:
1. It DOES NOT MATTER how well you can speak your language. The goal is to speak regardless. So don't worry if you don't speak that well or you have to include lots of English words. ALL language levels are welcome.
2. Video posts or Audio posts are strongly preferred. This is because the point is to hear and enjoy the spoken language. Written posts are frowned upon but will be accepted too. ^_^
3. Please always provide a translation for your readers of other ethnicities! Translations should be in English and can be in the form of captions under a video post, or written transcripts for audio and written posts.
4. Please tag each participating post as - language challenge - and post the link here in the comments so I can link to it and make all of them easy to find.
5. Please encourage other Nigerian bloggers to post in Nigerian languages.
14 comments:
Oh my goodness that was awesome!!! You were totally amazing and I really enjoyed your post.
I think one of the great things about this besides simply getting to hear our languages spoken is that speaking more often also helps you identify the holes in your language ability so you can improve.
Great job, and here's some feedback on the words you didn't know:
Party - Anwuli (yep! I know! But lots of people don't know that Anwuli ALSO means party / celebration / feast besides joy when used as a noun. E.g. Anwuli nwa (party for child), Anwuli anumdi (wedding party)
To try - Dalua or Dami e.g. I dami igote nni. - If you try to buy food.. Or Ada dalua ikwa afe - Ada tried to sew a dress
To give advice - Iranye Alo (O as in hot; Alo is toned High - Low)
To be careful - Inwe Nwanyo (e as in pet and o as in hot; Nwanyo is toned High-Low)
U took ur time in pronouncing the words...i like dt even tho i did not understand, i felt that i could link each word in the translation to you speaking.
www.aseni.blogspot.com
aawww u have a wonderful "igbo" voice. some people i hear talk and its like nails on the chalkboard lol. But i could listen to u talk all day #NoHomo lol. Very nice!
I like your voice! lol, And I also like how you were pronouncing the words really clear, like you knew I couldn't speak Igbo and were trying to teach me :)
I loved this. Makes me wish i could speak igbo.
'ezigbote ula jigi?'. i love that i did not read the english translation.
check mine out sha: http://leggy-freda.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-name-is-leggy.html
i can't speak as well as you can but i tried my best sha.
Hahaha I love the way you speak igbo even though I'm not igbo... I don't know but it was just refreshing lol
www.theepitomeofbeauty.blogspot.com
Your voice is so soothing and enjoyable! I would employ you in a heartbeat for a newscaster's job. Mwah to you as well, lol...
That was really fun to listen to, even though I couldn't understand without reading along.
www.yungbe.blogspot.com
nice job, you sounded like my cousin.
I love! Sounded like you were singing.
Wow! That was awesome!!
PS. I've changed my blog url! I decided to keep the blog on Blogger after all. Check out the link: http://museorigins.blogspot.com. Sorry for the inconvenience X_x
Adiya
Muse Origins (formerly The Corner Shop)
I loved it lol i didn't understand anything but i loved it
Thank guys! :)
*kisses*
Post a Comment