Thursday, September 8, 2011

Now would be a great time for some recharging...

...To say that I am emotionally exhausted would be a huge understatement...

One thing that I hate = emotional rollercoasters

it's worse when you are naturally an emotional person... ..like moi

I am a very free/friendly/out-there/what-the-hell-ever person with people...
In fact , sometimes I am friendly to a fault....it kinda creeps people out sometimes...but *shrug* ..the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for me.. :)

anyways..me being a free, friendly person kinda spills into my emotional/relationship/love (if we wanna call it that) life...
I put up more walls than necessary for people who are interested in getting in (i've been told) ....well , that's alright...sometimes walls are nice...aren't they?

but you know the part I don't like? when those walls get broken...and the free/i-give-my-best/i-give-damn-near-100% Iphy comes out in full force.....

not gradually, not gently.......like, this trick comes out and it hits you in the face...wham!

well...the human structure is set up to fuck people/things over (or if you wanna put it mildly, disappoint) once in a while...(or actually, more often than that)

which is not very nice for me...seeing as, when my walls have finally been broken, I give damn near a 100% and people who give that much don't really handle disappointment well....

therefore....emotional rollercoasters come into the picture....leading to emotional exhaustion...

and the erecting of newer, stronger walls....


such a stupid, tiring cycle isn't it?

ahhh well,

so does this mean i'll stop being the person that I am? nope...

I tried to go numb....decided to adopt a fuck-it attitude...

but wait...

what good will that do?

nah, mate..

I had always thought being emotional and being strong at the same time was something I couldn't do....I assumed that the only way to be strong is to not give a damn and to be numb and shut down my emotions.... but I know better now...

I want to say I had an epiphany because it just sounds so cool when I hear people say they had one and realized exactly what they should have realized earlier...ha!

but no...as much as i want to have one..i really didn't ...this realization came gradually...with learning...

My Daddy (always insightful, bless his heart and soul) said it best... "ARRANGE TO BE STRONG. Being emotional and being strong aren’t mutually exclusive" 


So ....here's to the past and the times I wished I could go numb because I felt being emotional was a disadvantage....

...Because it's not...

"I wear my heart on my sleeve; it's my gift and my curse....and quite frankly, a curse I don't mind dealing with" - Iphyigbogurl

"So what if you're emotionally exhausted? all you need is some recharging!"

Yours truly,
Iphy

P.S I know i've been MIA guys, not even sure anyone reads this blog anymore ...lol....but your girl still dey kampe...I shall be coming back soon with proper (and hopefully regular) posts...
Thanks for always being good e-listeners :)

15 comments:

A-9ja-Great said...

Of course we still read you blog,even though it took forever for this one to come in.I'm glad you had that epiphany of yours,it's really helpful.You can't stop trying because when you do,you won't get to your perfect place.

Anonymous said...

Girl...I think I just read about myself too. I get so scared of letting my guard down cos when I do, its in full force. Bt like u said, no need to change who u
r, just learn to handle disappointments. Good post. And we read ur posts...just take ur time to recharge!

Molara Brown said...

Building walls, breaking them down and rebuilding them...such endless cycle some of us have to deal with.


I feel you on this post and yeah we still read your blog.

lovelife4sale said...

lol... oh hi... talking about Emotions, my whole blog is dedicated to my emotional rollercoaster..... wearing your heart on your sleeves isnt a bad thing, as long as your heart still has a beating pulse at the end of the day. it just means you are open to receiving and giving love.

kitkat said...

Awww poor baby! tell me who's toying with your heart so i can go fight them :/

HoneyDame said...

c'mon, leave that talk.. we still read it joo! uhm...be strong is all I can say

Ginger said...

loving is never a curse. just don't forget to love yourself...

JustDoyin said...

awwww...

I'm a very emotional person too, but I don't consider it a curse @ all - in fact I embrace it. lol.

Original Mgbeke said...

I really like this. Be yourself and accept your gift (and curse). Thats definitely whats up. I like that you realized that being emotional and being strong are not mutually exclusive. Even me sef, sometimes I feel like if I'm too emotional, that will make me seem weak. Good insight babe...

Myne said...

True words from your dad, and I'm glad you got to realize it yourself too. Hope you feel better now?

Emeka Amakeze said...

Accepting the way you are makes you strong and being in control of it makes you even stronger!

Anonymous said...

Emotional exhaustion pops up once in while but i think u can learn from the cause and come up with a course to be strong..we still enjoy your post...chizy-spyware@blogspot.com

Toinlicious said...

Here's to being emotional and strong *raises glass of berryblast* cheers

Your life sounds kinda familiar...mine's almost d same. u build walls, i build boulders..still doesnt help cos i'm a 'giver'. smh4me
first time here and following

http://toinlicious.blogspot.com/

get a facebook fan page said...

yes
we should enjoy the life
and also think about our health.

MissPf said...

I also tend to be very emotional, sometimes. This makes people think I'm weak but I believe I'm actually strong... enough to let my feelings show.

http://misspweddyface.blogspot.com