Monday, November 14, 2011

Shall we random?

In my attempt to revive my blog and stop these e-cobwebs from forming all over this blog, I have started blogging a lil more frequently,

this will be my 3rd post in a week and some...yay to progress!

Shall we random?

- If I say I can wait to move back to Nigeria I am a very big fat liar... This is the most I've ever wanted to go back home, can't wait for next year...I need to move back home...I miss living in Naija... *sigh*

- I feel guilty when I crush on a dude that has a girlfriend...very guilty...lol...in my mind i'll be like "why are you feeling guilty Iphy? na just crush wey u dey crush na, it's allowed" ...but I can't help it... haha...weird

-I love my father so much..I don't know what I would do without him, we are the most alike in my family, and I love how he always understands exactly how I feel without me saying much

-I always disagreed with the general notion that a true daddy's girl will most likely fall for a man like her father or seek out men similar to her father........ha! isn't it funny how life makes us eat our very own words?

- The difference between men and women : A man gets hurt and holds on to it for a very long time, longer than he might even want to, A woman gets hurt and in no time she heals and loves again ( generally speaking sha, case not true for all of course)

- Tampons are sooo much more comfortable than those nonsense things we call sanitary pads, used a tampon for the first time in my life last month....let's just say...I'm a believer

-This year, I am going to make the most awesome and delicious thanksgiving dinner for four, it will be amazing.....it will be amazing....with my sisters and lots of love....

-The way 2011 is flying by.... it's ridiculous...and i'm ridiculously happy about that

-People who act holier than thou and judge other people are definitely the ones that either a.)didnt get any love as a child ..... or   b.) wasn't held as a child ..... that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it. lol

-Don't you just hate ignorant people who make judgmental statements like "Miss A is such a slut but how come she has a boyfriend and good girls like me have been single for like ever" ..... too much saltiness, please take some of that salt and put inside soup biko...and have 1 or 2 seats while you're at it... I can't even deal...

-When I move back to Nigeria i'm going to do something outrageous like audition for Project Fame or Naija idols or some role in a TV show... I call it outrageous because it will def not sit well with the paternal unit...ha! he'll just have to deal biko.

-I see personal growth in my shopping habits..haven't been to the mall in a minute...don't even shop online too much anymore....either it's growth or i'm broke...lol

-What do you guys think about the idea that friends-shouldn't-date-exes ? and if you're against it, what would you do if a friend dates an ex?

-When i see people who tend to have drama going on in their lives very often, i just want to call them aside and ask if the thrill of drama is worth the stress? I used to be a drama queen, it's extremely stressful mehn..

-It's funny how the ones who demand the most respect don't know how to give it..... if you wan me to respect you, respect me.... because quite frankly, i have no issues disrespecting you if u ask for it

-One very bad habit i need to drop is procrastination ...i am the queen of procrastination. explains why i'm pulling an all-nighter right now when I should be sleeping... :/ and why I didn't mail out my application for my canadian visa renewal till last week, when i initially planned to mail it out in MARCH! yes people, MARCH! took me 8 months....*hangs head in shame*

but hey....i'm a work in progress...

So it's Monday already? *sigh* na wa oh...
Have a lovely week!

yours truly,
Iphy

13 comments:

HoneyDame said...

So you ar emoving back...:( I wish that was me, somehow....
I am not really sure about friends dating exes..there isnt a hard and fast rule to it. I'd have a problem if it was my best friend, but if it isnt, I don't think it should be a problem....abeg...I dont know jare

Coy~Introvert said...

I really can't wait to move back to Naija oh, as in this obodo oyibo tire me I swear.
I haven't shopped in a lil while and I know it's because I'm broke, nothing like personal growth there for me, lol.
@honeydame, yh exactly, I'd have a problem with it if it were my best friend but if it's just a friend, it wouldn't bother me.....I guess, lol.

Molara Brown said...

just couldn't stop laughing at this... "put inside soup biko...and have 1 or 2 seats while you're at it".

guess we shall both be competing for queen of procrastination crown.

Enjoy the week.

H said...

lol...

Moving back to Naij, I get the urge evry once in a whyl. Donno if it's for me yet tho.

Friends shouldn't date exes, it's just the unwritten rule. My friend says, well if it is God's will, who am I to be forming unwritten rule. She is right but...let's just say it would be very hard to handle...so I'd hope it never happens to me.

Crushing over a guy that has a girlfriend, I get you...kill it! :)
It doesn't help at alllll

Auditioning for project fame or West African idols...now thats bold. Keep us posted.

Ginger said...

I am of the schools of those who doesnt attach much to my friend dating an ex. Cos when I ex or I am exed, I dont go back. My only conditions though selfish will be the manner in which we broke up. If we broke up amicably-incompatible abeg move on. If you were cheating with her and that's what caused our break up...mba nu that friendship is over.

Okeoghene said...

2011 is definitely speeding by and 2012 is waiting in line to get the baton. I personally might not mind my ex dating my friend, but then again, I don't have many ex-es or friends. You procrastinate too? :-)So I am not alone?

Nkaytchee said...

looking forward to seeing you at the project fame auditions next year.....i watch it every year!

Toinlicious said...

That disrespecting thing, too true. i have a frnd who is all about "respect" but she'll b d 1st to disrespect you and wen u point it out, she neva gets it. seriously, swallow ur own pill smh4pple

iphyigbogurl said...

@HoneyDame that's the plan for now, God willing. But yea, friends and exes...such a touchy topic

@Obodo oyibo don tire me too mehn! we are on the same wavelength ...I want to go back HOME!!

@'Lara,.. yes oh...all these salty people, too damn salty for words.

@H... yea, it will be hard for me to handle too...
the crush is already dead....lol

@Ginger.....it'd still bother someone like me because it'll feel awkward, well except I am in a new r/ship...lol (I know, I know...selfish right?)

@Okeoghene Procrastinators unite!! haha!


@NKAYTCHEE.. maybe not next year..but soon

@Tonilicious EXACTLY! have a friend like that to...if you're going to dish it out, then prepare for it to be dished out to you too

kitkat said...

OMG And i thought i was miss procrastination :O
Your posts are always interesting, keep 'em coming!

Nonye said...

oh I see someone I'm better than *dances alanta on table* hahahaha.....thot I was the worst procrastinator...welcome back and dont be gone too long. Btw, what are you moving back to in Naija?? like seriously?? the mad generator noises or the smelly traffic? which? God help!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Pretty good insights oh.I didn't realize how true that difference between men and women is until recently

Adiya
Muse Origins FB

Mena UkodoisReady said...

How did your relocation go? which state are you based?

hope you ae enjoying it :)

Mena

http://efemenaoreoluwa.blogspot.com/2012/01/occupy-nigeria-nigerians-we-must-wake.html