So, regarding my last post about love...
I found the answer....
Oh by the way, Thank you ladies for your comments on the last post.. :)
Myne's comment also helped me find this answer..
it's simple, It didn't even occur to me till I was discussing with my roommate this morning and she asked me what 1st Corinthians 13 is, she said she had seen it somewhere and always wondered what it was... (she is Muslim, so she is not familiar with the bible)
As I was reading 1st Cor. 13 to her, I realized that I was answering my own question...
As someone who believes in the bible, I agree with 1st Corinthians 13
especially verses 4-8
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4"
I wonder why I never really thought about it this way before...
Shout out to Madam Myne for pointing this out in her comment
"Love is action and I tie mine to God's love for me (active and sacrificial), and the 1 Cor. passage. I've never seen any definition more apt" - Myne
Yours truly,
Iphyigbogurl
6 comments:
You know, something just jumped out at me from your post. I had never seen that verse in that light before cos I was ready to go all ganstar and say that one is agape love and that I don't think human beings are capable of having/feeling it in its entirety. B
UT, "it is not easily angered" got me. Now it makes sense.
Love is "angerable", but not easily. That single line makes it look more humanly possible to me now....uhm!
Thanks Mrs Atala/Whitman...Sorry..Myne :p(I had to look fro your trouble since I just read your comment on ZayZee's post about Mummy or no Mummy)
This is definitely the best definition of love there is. As cliche as it may sound John 3:16 also says it all 'He love so He gave" meaning the greatest love is sacrificial
Thanks Iphey, glad it helped.
@HoneyDame, if I catch you eh? LOL...
In addition to this, love is a choice
Adiya
http://museorigins.com
In addition to this, love is a choice
Adiya
http://museorigins.com
The bible's definition of love is so far is the truest and most compelling ever.
Post a Comment