Hello bloghearts.... I know sey i never give una update on this Juachi story for like 4/5 months now.. abi? na condition wey make crayfish bend. Plus no inspiration, no storyline, no nothing, I didn't even know the next step for the story because i make the story up as i write each paragraph. no joke! lol, so i kinda forgot about it. Anyhoos..here it is!!! :) hope you enjoy.
disclaimer: I no be writer, na just tory wey enter my head i dey yan, so it might be verrrryyyyy amatuerish looking with all the important literary devices and whatnot missing..... but uhm....yea..... like it anyway!!!!! its an order!!! lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyin’s wedding was fast approaching and Juachi, Lola and the rest of the bridesmaids were busy running around taking care of the things that needed to be taken care of.
It was the Thursday before the wedding and Juachi had taken a day off work to go and take care of last minute wedding preparations with Lola.
“Okay, so tell me again why Toyin didn’t think to hire a wedding planner? It would have been easier than all this running around we have to do” Juachi said as they walked into the club where the bachelorette party was going to be the next night. Toyin had called them the day before to remind them to set up the decorations and all the other things that was going to be needed for the party. It was about 8pm and the bartenders and cleaners had started cleaning around and setting up for the evening.
“You know Toyin now, shey? She doesn’t like to spend money for anything that she considers irrelevant, according to her, if we can take care of these things why hire external help?”
“Hmmmm… ok oh….well let’s see….so what and what do we have to finish up?” She turned to the manager who was standing beside the bar giving orders to the bartender while sipping on a glass of beer
“ hello, my name is Juachi, I had called earlier last week to reserve this place for a bachelorette party, I just wanted to make sure it’s ready for us to come and finish up the decorations and do all the finishing touches and all, and I also have the balance of the fee, we will be bringing our own dj and we will be setting up ourselves, is there anyone that will be here to let us in tomorrow at ….say about 5 or 6 pm?”
“Oh, you are the bachelorette party lady? Ok….good good. You can come in between 5 and 6 tomorrow with your crew; my assistant manager will be here to let you guys in. The bar tenders and other staff members will be available at 8pm. That’s when they usually start the night’s business. As for the dj, that won’t be a problem, you can bring yours; we’ll have people here to help him set up. So you guys are good to go.”
Juachi thanked him , sat on a bar stool and was about to order a drink before Lola gave her a look “Jua….. Abeg lets go jare, we haven’t finished our errand runs now…. Let’s go and pick up the dresses from the designer, we are not going to stay here and be doing like unserious human beings…. You know how we get when we start having drinks?”
“We might as well have a few drinks now, ….me I’m tired oh, we’ve been running around all week, let’s just chill for a few minutes, body no be wood abeg” she turned to the bartender “gin and tonic please, on the rocks”
Lola sighed in surrender and sat down on a bar stool beside her friend “same” she said to the bar tender, she turned to Juachi “Toyin is sooooo gonna kill us if she finds out we are slacking like this oh, it’s 8.15pm and we still haven’t gone to pick up the dresses from the designer’s house? If Toyin calls nko? Where will we say we are?”
“Ok…just 30 minutes, okay? 30 minutes, then we’ll go pick up the dresses, tomorrow morning the bridesmaids can try them on, it doesn’t have to be tonight, so we’ll pick them up later on and then head to Toyin’s house and drop them there , tomorrow we’ll go back and try them on with the rest of the bridesmaids before we come here to set up, I’m off work tomorrow, cool?”
“It’s you that’ll tell Toyin sha, just in case she asks, shey?
“Ok, I’ll tell her, anyways, how’s Bayo? You don’t talk about him much these days? Or have you guys gone on one of your break-up/make-up roller coaster rides again?”
The bartender brought the drinks and handed it to both of them, politely nodding.
“Bayo? Honestly Juachi I am tired, I am not even going to lie; he’s obviously lying to me about something, with all his frequent trips to Abuja in the name of work? I called a few people in Abuja that he claims to be doing business with and snooped around a bit and one thing is for sure; whatever business Bayo is doing in Abuja is very casual, pleasurable business, and that business might just involve him and one person”
“Wait …wait …wait, what exactly is going on? You found out that he is cheating?”
Lola finished the contents of her glass in quick gulps and signaled to the waiter to refill
“At first I noticed that he was going a bit too often, and then I bumped into his Abuja business partner in the Galleria while Bayo was in Abuja, I was shocked because he had called me the night before telling me how they were having a meeting the next day, so I asked him why he wasn’t in Abuja with Bayo. He told me that they never scheduled a meeting, in fact they have actually finished the contract and they are done working with each other so they weren’t doing business together again.”
“Were you able to get anything out of him? Did he know about any frequent lady friends?”
“I didn’t ask him, I was too embarrassed to even say anything I just thanked him and left. Bayo came back and was telling me stories upon stories about how their meeting went and how they got this contract and that contract, I just listened in awe I couldn’t believe the man that claims to love me will lie to me like that so effortlessly”
“Ok…. Lola, for real you need to confront him. Sometimes you take too much crap from people honestly. It’s not even funny anymore”
“What am I confronting him for? He won’t admit it. Did I catch him red handed? I don’t have evidence besides what his business partner told me and I don’t even want to bring that up. I can’t handle another break up Juachi. Sometimes I think I love him too much to say anything, other times I think I shouldn’t say anything because it’s not a big deal. Men will always be men, they’ll cheat, they’ll sneak around, and it’s natural. What matters is that he comes home to me at the end of the day.....” Lola shrugged “I guess?”
“Lola you need to stop with all this rubbish talk o! What has gotten into you?? With the way he’s cheating on you with God knows who and who, you don’t know what you might catch oh, before you go and get some STD! Besides that is just disrespectful, there is nothing like “oh he loves me, he is just being a man bla bla” that is just stupid and you are letting yourself become stupid. You better confront him about it.”
“We don’t have sex anymore. Since I found out about this whole thing I have just been scared, I mean I don’t know what this girl might be giving him, and who knows whether he is sleeping around with just one person? For all I know there could be a long list of jump offs for him. He keeps asking why we don’t have sex anymore, I keep giving excuses, I even had to lie one time that I have a yeast infection”
Juachi sighed “Lola look at me, you’re a wonderful person and you have been a good girlfriend to Bayo for too long. Sometimes you have to know where to draw the line. If he cheats now, he will always cheat. You have two options; either confront him or leave. Simple as that”
“Let’s go Juachi. I’ll sort myself out when and if I need to. But for now I’m alright girl. Trust me.” She left her unfinished drink on the counter and got up to leave, Juachi followed.
The reception hall was elegantly decorated and music was blaring from the speakers. Some wedding guests had joined the couple on the dance floor and stewards were going around tables refilling wine glasses. It was a beautiful and well attended wedding and Tega had seen a lot of old friends from high school and kept going round making small talk with some of them. Juachi, Lola and Bayo were sitting at a table drinking and laughing. Tega came back to the table
“sorry guys just had to catch up with a few people from high school. I can’t believe I haven’t seen some of these folks in like 10 years.”
“Tega? Is that you?” A voice said from behind their table. They all turned back to see who it was. She flicked her hair back and screamed in excitement as she saw Tega’s face
“Oh my God!!! It’s a lie…it really is you. Long time! You have changed!” The lady said as she reached out for a hug. Tega got up laughing with excitement as he hugged her tightly.
“Wow. Kate what are you doing here? No one has seen you since like forever!! You just disappeared, where the heck have you been missy?”
“Hahaha, I know! I have been away for like forever, I left the country about 4 years ago just got back in last month, you never kept in touch, sent you my number a couple of times, even emailed you, but you’ve always had a communication problem Tegz… hahaha”
“I know, I know… I am so sorry, different things came up and somehow I just lost touch. But good to see you again mehn.. You have really changed. London did you good!”
They both laughed and hugged each other again.
Kate was beautiful and tall, her body movements and the way she talked oozed with confidence. She always flicked her dark hair back when she talked and her eyes- wide and piercing- contrasted perfectly with her dark chocolate skin. She was slim and had a striking coke bottle figure. Her black and purple hugging dress showed off her assets and emphasized her slim waist and hour glass figure.
“So how do you know the couple?” Kate asked
“Oh, the bride was my girlfriend’s schoolmate, and she is a bridesmaid. So I’m kind of a tag along…… you?”
“Oh really? The bride is my second cousin actually. You haven’t introduced me to your friends” She gestured to their table where Juachi, Lola and Bayo were sitting.
“Oh, how rude of me, this is my girlfriend Juachi and her friends Lola and Bayo” Tega said as he turned to Juachi and her friends. “Guys this is Kate, my really good friend from college”
“Nice to meet you all” Kate smiled as she shook their hands. She turned back to Tega “I wish I came with people like you did Tegz, It’s really boring to be at weddings alone, I am about to go to the bar and get drunk before I die of boredom”
“Whatever happened to Wonderful William? Shouldn’t he be here with you?”
“Wonderful William? You never cease to amaze me Tegz.” Kate laughed as she playfully hit Tega on his chest.
“well, as you know William and I were never really a match made in heaven, the poor guy had had enough of my craziness and ran off with some British Barbie; not like I really give a fuck that he left me but the Barbie he left me for is nothing to write home about. Funny thing is, I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with him, one person I actually felt right with. But yea, he left, I’m alone now and I really couldn’t give a shit about him anymore”
“Wow!! You sure do need a drink with the way you’re sounding Kate, but we all told you about how it was absolutely impossible for you and “La douche bag” to last, didn’t we?
“La douche bag??? Tegz!!! See why I need friends like you in my life? Come on, let’s go to the bar and get drunk and catch up!”
Kate pulled Tega’s arm and dragged him towards the bar as he glanced back at Juachi’s table to tell his friends he’ll be right back.
Juachi had left her purse on his seat and had gone off to the dance floor with Lola, he grabbed the purse, told Bayo he’d be back and followed Kate to the bar.
yours truly.
3 comments:
Am I first!
hehehe, now let me comment. Thanks for updating o, lol. Lola should just leave Bayo or at least talk it out abeg, which one now?
As for the delectable Kate. I hope she has no designs on Tega?
lol...
I feel like Tega and Kate might have something going on....later on....
but i haven't thought of the story line for that part so i wouldn't know.....
or maybe i do.... :D
Post a Comment