Saturday, March 5, 2011

Where's my encore?

I suddenly and strangely have this strong urge to go back to naija... like right now.. if I honestly did not give a rat's ass about school..i would have hopped on the next plane to Nigeria, passport and handbag only in hand.. I need to be wrapped in a cocoon of family love.. phone calls are not cutting it anymore...


doing this African American History take home test/ 10 page paper and I have no motivation WHATSOEVER to even do it...
I am giving myself pep talks every 10 minutes..reminding myself about how orgasmic it feels to get an A... sometimes (..yea..feel free to judge me... i judge me too sometimes)


I miss my family so bad that i shed a few tears today ...I rarely get this homesick... I don't even get homesick 90% of the time..but lately I have been wishing summer would just get here..like tomorrow so I can see my family...


I need family loving in my life right now!


You know that feeling when you have people around you..you are not alone..but you are still lonely..and the only thing that will make you feel better is that good family loving?
That is exactly how I feel right now.


I need to figure out my summer plans... internship or naija? or just nothing.... (which is probably not a good idea..not doing anything for 3 months is not something I can do without wanting to rip my hair off my head)


Spring break is in a week and I honestly have never looked forward to spring break the way I am right now... school is trying to choke me..work too... in fact life is trying to choke me... I need to step away and breathe for a minute..


It's best to always go with your gut feeling....ALWAYS.. if things don't turn out right at least you'll blame yourself instead of wishing you had not followed some other person's unsolicited advice....


loose lips sink ships...relationships...friendship... companionships... in fact all the ships..if it ain't something U GOTTA say.. swallow that ish!! just close your mouth...breathe, swallow and sing nursery rhymes in your head..... 


Everyday I am learning how to be a better damn non-giver...


and today..not a single damn was given on my behalf....


i need to get used to this lifestyle...


shit's just better this way... 85% of the time... 
that's a percentage I can work with...





Yours truly,
Iphy.



P.S I need to join a band...like ASAP... I miss my first true love (music)....


P.P.S all you runaway bloggers ( see pot calling kettle black)... can you guys please come back..don't make me go and do juju..I'm from Anambra state..Okija is only a couple of miles from my hometown..if I jazz u... it WILL work oh....


P.P.P.S  The title of this post does not relate in any way to the post.... *shrug*





13 comments:

kitkat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kitkat said...

please for the sake of my chinese eyes, can you increase the font size you use.. thanks :)
i know how u feel bout wantin sum family love.. i miss my family so so much! cnt wait to see them in the summer.. really cant :/
school is real stressful for me too!.. got a long paper to write that's like 70% of my total history grade so if i mess up... i'm screwed.
lookin forward to spring break too! even though i have absolutely no plans for it..smh
can u not abandon our blog please? it's been ages,lol.
xxxx

HoneyDame said...

Lucky girl***talking to myself, she is going home over the summer, while my black ass is stuck ere***
Lmao.... you are just a crazy ( d positive one o) girl!!!!
Okija?!!! I am outta here!

NaijaScorpio said...

hope u feel better. Pele. Summer will be here before u know it.

Prism of an Immigrant said...

Abeg jor, relax on the paper, write a 5 page paper and get a C, no big deal. It's just a letter. Ok,I'm just kidding. Naija pple like to carry first. Good luck writing it.


At least spring break is around the corner... hang in there!

Nice Anon said...

Iphy join a band? Egwu dikwa!

Myne said...

And there i was looking for an encore, pschewww.... lol.

Hold on girl, maybe the spring break will help..

Fragilelooks said...

@nice anon: lol. the gurl wan follow her passion naaaaaa.

iphey: pele o. make up ur mind abt summer ka i mara ma i ga alota be nna gi.

Anonymous said...

ur not alone, am also counting down to my next naija trip. if only i had a time machine SMH

Anyway check out my blog
http://chizys-spyware.blogspot.com/

Nonye said...

Summer is here already! just shut ur eyes and open! LOL

hey am ur newest follower... do drop by my blog and follow back!


http://nonyeanike.blogspot.com

Mena UkodoisReady said...

I know how you feel.

Its the warmth of family right?

Someone is always there to offer *unsolicited* advice and prayers.

You roll your eyes but you just know they mean well.

I miss that as well, and yet I am not looking forward to moving back home!

I hope you have gotten over it. Immerse yourself in the culture around you, that helped me :))

Mena

http://efemenaoreoluwa.blogspot.com/2011/03/warning-signs-of-abuser-one-of-those.html

F said...

Lmao at kitkat and "chinese eyes"... LOL. Iphy love, the font is small sha, abeg. :)

Please join the non-damn-givers club o... We are headed for world domination. *evil laugh*

Anonymous said...

Lol at Prism... Please oh, hang on. The intense feeling will probably pass soon. Try using skype or something.

Adiya
http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com